So you want to eat a ketogenic diet?
You hear of all the vast benefits like:
- Increased Energy
- Enhanced Weight Loss
- Relief of Ailments / Illness
You want to experience what keto has to offer but you don’t know what to eat?
The best plan is a simple plan.
Here’s a quick and easy keto meal plan for you:
- Breakfast Sausage
- Tea + Ghee
Your basic breakfast foods can be upgraded.
Get creative and concoct something delicious!
For instance, with eggs, you can make an omelette.
You can throw some low carb ingredients into your omelette like onion or mushrooms.
However, I’m a little more simple.
If I eat breakfast, it’s usually eggs.
- Crack open 3-5 eggs.
- Mix with salt + paprika.
- Throw butter in pan with pepper jack cheese.
- Cook to desired doneness.
Simple and delicious.
Sometimes if I’m on the run, I’ll drink a few eggs.
Quick note: As you become fat adapted, you may not be hungry in the morning.
This is natural.
If you choose to skip breakfast, you won’t die, but you will burn more body fat.
- Seafood (Shrimp, Crab, etc)
- Ground Beef
Fish like salmon (especially wild-caught) are vital for omega 3 fatty acids.
This type of fat grows our brains.
I prepare my salmon like this:
- Season the salmon. (Salt, Paprika, Cajun, Lemon + Pepper)
- Throw in convection bake oven for 22 minutes @ 390ºF.
- Melt a few squares of butter on it.
- Rip salmon apart & eat.
That’s all there is to it.
Quick note: Notice how I melt a few squares of butter on top of my salmon.
This is important.
Salmon is very lean and protein-rich.
However, the keto diet trains your body to burn FAT for energy.
Since fat is where you will derive your energy from, it is important to maintain an adequate intake of fat.
- Ground Beef
My all time favorite meal, hands-down, is steak.
Grab yourself a ribeye and cook it up like this:
- Melt a pool of butter in a pan. (Season the butter with thyme and rosemary; let it simmer)
- Season your steak with salt and cajun.
- Cook steak to desired doneness and pour all that butter over the steak.
You won’t regret it.
- Pork Rinds
- Cheese Curds
- Prosciutto + Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
I’m not the biggest advocate for snacking.
I enjoy fasting too much.
Starting off on keto you will naturally want to snack though.
If I snack, I will usually eat one of the three things listed.
The prosciutto + mozzarella cheese sticks are amazing.
Don’t pass those up.
Until Next Time,
If you are starting keto, you will likely experience carbohydrate withdrawal. Learn How To Deal With Carbohydrate Withdrawal.
If you want fat to MELT off your body: Look no further than the Steak & Eggs Diet.